Highlights of the paper
- •The present article provides a new-age take on the various facilities available for orthodontic material testing.
- •It highlights the abundant scope of research that can be carried out in orthodontics with the help of an adjunct biomedical lab testing center.
- •It provides an immediate point-of comparison reference between two testing techniques which can help elevate present available evidence.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Biomaterials Science: An Introduction to Materials in Medicine.(editors) Academic Press, 2020
- Biomaterials.Springer, 2014
- Introduction to Biomaterials: Basic Theory with Engineering Applications.Cambridge University Press, 2014
- (editor)Niinomi M Metals for Biomedical Devices. Woodhead publishing, 2019
- What's “Trend”ing in Orthodontic literature?.APOS Trends Orthodont. 2016; 6: 1
- Scanning and image reconstruction techniques in confocal laser scanning microscopy.Laser scanning, theory and applications. IntechOpen, 2011
- Intraoral scanning systems based on the principle of confocal laser microscopy used in the modern prosthetic dentistry.Varna Med Forum. 2017; 6: 80-85
- Accuracy of intraoral scanners for static virtual articulation: A systematic review and meta-analysis of multiple outcomes.J Pros Dent. 2022;
- Crystallographic and colorimetric analysis of dental enamel.Dent Anthropol J. 1997; 11: 5-11
- Analysis of the surface condition and changes in crystallographic structure of zirconium oxide affected by mechanical processing.Materials. 2021; 14: 4042
- Crystallographic and morphological analysis of sandblasted highly translucent dental zirconia.Dent Mater. 2018; 34: 508-518
- Release of metal ions from round and rectangular NiTi wires.Prog Orthod. 2016; 17: 1-4
- Cellular Analysis by Atomic Force Microscopy.Jenny Stanford Publishing, 2017
- Introduction to Scanning Tunneling Microscopy Third Edition.Oxford University Press, USA2021 (Jan 29)
- Bionic effects of nano hydroxyapatite dentifrice on demineralised surface of enamel post orthodontic debonding: in-vivo split mouth study.Prog Orthod. 2021; 22: 39
- (editor)Bellitto V Atomic Force Microscopy: Imaging, Measuring and Manipulating Surfaces at the Atomic Scale. BoD–Books on Demand, 2012
- Use of an “Instron 1122” machine together with a digital oscilloscope.Fibre Chem. 2016; 48: 71-74
- Elastodontic devices in orthodontics: an in-vitro study on mechanical deformation under loading.Bioengineering. 2022; 9: 282
- Acquisition of an Instron Electropuls E3000 Instrument for Mechanical Testing.University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez Mayaguez, Puerto Rico United States2015
- A novel motion generation strategy for robotic tooth brushing simulator.Ind Robot: Int J. 2013;
Keerthana T, Ramesh S. Effect of three different dentifrices on enamel by automated brushing simulator-in vitro profilometric study. surfaces.;3:4.
- In vitro surface analysis of the brushing resistance of orthodontic sealants using two different profilometric evaluation methods.Sci Rep. 2022; 12: 1-9
- Clinical effectiveness of fluoride-releasing elastomers. II. Enamel microhardness levels.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1995; 107: 379-381
- Effect of carbon dioxide laser irradiation on enamel surface microhardness around orthodontic brackets.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2014; 146: 161-165
- Linear and areal surface roughness assessments for the study of tooth wear in human enamel.Clin Oral Investig. 2022; : 1
- A Comparative Analysis of Surface Characteristics of Enamel after Conventional Acid Etching and Er, Cr: YSGG Laser Irradiation.J Clin Exp Dent. 2022; 14: e740
- In vitro evaluation of fissure sealants’ wear under erosive, abrasive and erosive/abrasive conditions.Eur Arch Paed Dent. 2022; : 1-7
- The quagmire of collegiality vs competitiveness.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2021; 159: 553-555
- Assessment of frictional resistance and surface roughness in orthodontic wires coated with two different nanoparticles.Microsc Res Tech. 2022; 85: 1884-1890
- A comparison of traditional orthodontic polishing systems with composite polishing systems following orthodontic debonding.Saudi Dent J. 2021; 33: 877-883
- Comparison of feldspathic veneer surface treatments on ceramic bracket SBS, ARI and surface roughness after different debonding/polishing methods: an in vitro study.Int Orthod. 2021; 19: 679-684
- Evaluation of biofilm formation on different clear orthodontic retainer materials.Evaluation. 2022; 11: 34
- Color stability of orthodontic ceramic brackets and adhesives in potentially staining beverages—in vitro study.Dent J. 2022; 10: 115
- Color stability of resin composites for orthodontic attachments: an in vitro study.Dental Press J Orthod. 2022; 27
- Effect of an orthodontic resin modified with silver-nanoparticles on enamel color change.J Clin and Exp Dent. 2022; 14: e241
- A piezoelectric goniometer inside a TEM goniometer.Microsc Microanal. 2010; 16: 1784-1785
- Digital technologies in orthodontics–an update.Semin Orthod. 2018; 24 (Elsevier): 373-375
- Smart flexible 3D sensor for monitoring orthodontics forces: prototype design and proof of principle experiment.Bioengineering (Basel). 2022; 9
- Influence of CAD/CAM on manufacturing systems.CAD/CAM Systems. CRC Press, 2020: 191-241
- Influence of 3D printing topology by DMLS method on crack propagation.Materials. 2021; 14: 7483