The first volume of Seminars in Orthodontics was released in March of 1995 titled “Biomechanics and Appliance Design”.
1.Over the past 25 years, the principles of orthodontic biomechanics have not changed much, however, skeletal anchorage has revolutionized the concept of orthodontic treatment for growing and non-growing patients. The appliances, newer materials, and technology have doubtless expanded the dimensions of orthodontic care, nonetheless, you must master the fundamentals, such as biomechanics.
- Isaacson RJ.
Biomechanics and appliance design.
Semin Orthod. 1995; 1: 1-63
- Vaid NR.
Temporary anchorage applications revisited!.
Semin Orthod. 2018; 24 (Volume 24, Issue 1, 1 –2): 1-206
3.For a better understanding of biomechanics associated with the use of skeletal anchorage, especially with the dentofacial esthetic approach, I am proud to present the topic “Miniscrew Driven Dentofacial Esthetics: A Biomechanical Approach”.
- Narayan H.
- Gandedkar NH
- Vaid NR
- Darendeliler AM
- Premjani P
- Ferguson DJ.
The last decade in orthodontics: a scoping review of the hits, misses and the near misses!.
Semin Orthod. 2019; 25: 339-355
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Orthodontics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Biomechanics and appliance design.Semin Orthod. 1995; 1: 1-63
- Temporary anchorage applications revisited!.Semin Orthod. 2018; 24 (Volume 24, Issue 1, 1 –2): 1-206
- The last decade in orthodontics: a scoping review of the hits, misses and the near misses!.Semin Orthod. 2019; 25: 339-355
- Maxillary incisor-based objectives in present-day orthodontics.Semin Orthod. 2022; 28: 110-122
- Maxillary incisor position-based orthodontic treatment with miniscrews.Semin Orthod. 2022; 28: 123-135
- Torque and vertical control of maxillary incisors for an esthetic smile using TSADs implanted in various areas: biomechanical considerations.Semin Orthod. 2022; 28: 136-148
- Rationale of total arch intrusion for gummy smile correction.Semin Orthod. 2022; 28: 149-156
- Improved facial profile with non-extraction treatment of severe protrusion using TSADs.Semin Orthod. 2022; 28: 157-163
- TAD-driven class III camouflage: eight point protocol to optimize efficacy, aesthetics and stability.Semin Orthod. 2022; 28: 164-194
- Dento-facial asymmetry: non-surgical orthodontic treatment using extra-alveolar miniscrews.Semin Orthod. 2022; 28: 195-211
- Asymmetric Dental-Alveolar Transversal Corrections with Skeletal Anchorage.Semin Orthod. 2022; 28: 212-226
- Surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion: is the pterygomaxillary disjunction necessary? A finite element study.Semin Orthod. 2022; 28: 227-242
Published online: November 19, 2022
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.