This paper outlines the clinical advantages of the digital lingual straight wire system, Lingual Liberty. The elimination of bends facilitates space closure and reduces chair time. Combining the high precision in bracket positioning available with the system and the use of customized preformed archwires, teeth are moved gradually towards the ideal position as defined on the virtual set-up by each user.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Orthodontics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- New orthodontic treatment with lingual bracket mushroom arch wire appliance.Am J Orthod. 1979; 76: 657-675
- Customized brackets and archwires for lingual orthodontic treatment.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2003; 124: 593-599
- Lingual straightwire treatment with the Orapix system.J Clin Orthod. 2011; 9: 488-497
- A new lingual straightwire technique.J Clin Orthod. 2010; 44: 114-123
- Kommonbase for precise direct bonding of lingual orthodontic brackets.Int orthod. 2010; 81: 14-27
Published online: September 12, 2018
© 2018 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.