Seminars in Orthodontics is pleased to welcome a new Editor-in-Chief, Professor Nikhilesh R. Vaid. Prof Vaid is the President of the World Federation of Orthodontists as well as an Adjunct Professor at Saveetha Dental College in Chennai, India and has private orthodontic practices in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE and Mumbai, India.
He has served as a Guest Editor of the journal on five occasions and has published widely over the course of his career so far. He was the Editor-in-Chief of APOS Trends in Orthodontics from 2010-2020 and is an active member of the Angle Society - North Atlantic component.
He's published nearly 200 peer-reviewed papers and textbook chapters and has lectured in more than 50 countries around the world.
The important forums at which he has lectured include the AAO Annual Sessions, the International Orthodontic Congresses, ALADA, AOS, APOS and many more.
Prof Vaid's current areas of interest are evidence-based decision making, technology, aligners, orthodontic Rx effects and management protocols. Clinically, he believes in cutting-edge technology and patient-centered protocols.
His mission is to encourage global collaboration in the profession through leadership, advocacy, publications and voluntary service towards professional societies.
We welcome him to lead the journal’s team and extend our thanks to Dr. Elliott Moskowitz for serving as the journal’s esteemed Editor-in-Chief since 2014.
Upcoming issues of Seminars in Orthodontics
With the support of multiple highly respected Guest Editors, we are proud to announce the following upcoming topics to be addressed in forthcoming issues of Seminars in Orthodontics. The next issues will feature articles on:
- Techniques and protocols for integrating 3D printing in the practice of orthodontics
- Miniscrew Driven Dentofacial Esthetic Control: A Biomechanical Approach
- Contemporary Biomaterials and Digital Workflows
- Early Treatment: Where are we today?
- Surgery First - Evolution and contemporary concepts
- Orthodontics in the era of social media
- Temporomandibular Disorders - Current concepts
- Statistics every orthodontist should know
- Getting out of trouble! - Clinical concepts and solutions for orthodontically compromised dentitions
- Digital Orthodontics: Hype, hope or both!
- Ortho-Perio interface revisited